Monday, May 17, 2010

Land of Smiles

Peace talks are not likely to occur anytime soon in Thailand. Not only are protesters demonstrating in BKK, but also Chiang Mai and several other cities. Protesting is not taken lightly by the Thai Government, which is why I will not take sides here... The government is refusing to negotiate with 'red shirts.' According to them, military force is the only course of action now.
The last time I wanted to go to Thailand, winter of 2008, I decided not to- in part because of similar issues within the country. The political situation there now does not scare me and I hate to sound opportunistic, but the turmoil makes tudying in Thailand even more attractive. One does not get many opportunities to experience things like what is going on there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment