Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Looks like I was awarded 750 dollars (THANKYOU MR. AND MRS. RIVERS!) towards my upcoming Thai adventure. I'm assuming the program is still 'on.' I'm still looking forward to spending time in Bangkok. The political situation there is interesting. The 'red shirts' claim to be- and likely are- Thailand's poor and disadvantaged. The well-publicized sex trade in Thailand points toward the victimization of many Thai people of low socio-economic standing. The funny thing about the 'red shirts' is that the leader they previously supported is quite corrupt and has several nasty skeletons in his own closet.

I understand that politics are taken seriously in Thailand. It important to understand that the country is a constitutional monarchy and there is zero tolerance regarding disrespect of their majesties, the King and Queen of Thailand. I am sure, however, that no one is really reading this (AT ALL), so I hope I don't say anything that could be misinterpreted, ever possibly read by authorities, and thus get me in trouble.

OK, social engagements and a waning wireless Internet connection have me running short on time. I had some great human interactions this weekend and the following Monday. Kindness still emanates from everything around me...for the most part- Sunday afternoon was the exception. Something was wrong. I don't have the same anxious feeling anymore, so I hope nothing is amiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment